TaalMala on Android and iOS platforms supports a Taal and Lehra sequencer, which can be used to create complex patterns using pre-composed TaalMala Taals or Lehras.
The sequencer is available for composition in all editions of TaalMala, but to save the compositions, you need to purchase sequencer upgrade (available for purchase from within
A sequence may contain one or more compositions and each composition may contain one or more Taals or Lehras, which are to be played in a fixed pattern or randomly picked by the application,
and played for the specified number of cycles (aavartans). For example, if you wish to compose a sequence with the following requirements:
- Basic Bhajan Taal without any variations played for 2 cycles
- Normal-speed Bhajan Taal played for 4 cycles with simple variations
- Double-speed Bhajan Laggi played for 4 cycles
- Tihai played once and repeat the above...
The above sequence can be composed in TaalMala sequencer by creating the following 4 compositions (see screenshot below):
- Composition 1: Fixed composition with repeat count of 2, named Dhrupad. Add Taal Bhajani - Plain to this composition.
- Composition 2: Random composition with repeat count of 4, named Interlude. Add the following Taals to this composition: Bhajani - 2, Bhajani - 4, Bhajani - 9, Bhajani - 10.
Since this is a randomized composition, order of the Taals added is immaterial. TaalMala will randomly pick any of the above 4 Taals for each cycle.
- Composition 3: Random composition with repeat count of 4, named Interlude. Add the following Taals to this composition: Bhajani - 5 (double speed - Laggi), Bhajani - 6 (double speed - Laggi).
- Composition 4: Fixed composition with repeat cout of 1, named Tihai. Add the following Taal to this composition: Bhajani - Tihai.
You can then save this composition by clicking on Save button and providing a name to the saved file. By default, the file is saved to .../TaalMala/Taals/ or .../TaalMala/Lehras/ folder on your device's SD card, with an extension talx or lehx.
This newly composed sequence will also appear in your list of Taals or Lehras from now on.